Adorhormizd (Dadishoʿ) - ܐܕܘܪܗܘܪܡܝܙܕ
Adorhormizd (later "Dadisho") was a high-born mobed who converted to Christianity after his daughter, Anahid, was healed through the work of Christian monk, Pethion. Both he and Anahid became Christian martyrs.
Shuhadā', II, 357-65.
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 71.
- 2 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 30.
- 3 Paul Bedjan (ed.), Acta martyrum et sanctorum (Parisiis; Lipsiae: Harrasssowitz, 1890)., : II, 565-83. Note: in .
- 4 Paul Peeters and Société de Bollandistes, Bibliotheca hagiographica orientalis (1910)., : 25.
- 6 Enciclopedia dei santi: le chiese orientali [= Bibliotheca sanctorum orientalium] (Roma: Città nuova, 1998)., : I, 57-58.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Adorhormizd (Dadishoʿ) — ܐܕܘܪܗܘܪܡܝܙܕ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1119.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Adorhormizd (Dadishoʿ) — ܐܕܘܪܗܘܪܡܝܙܕ .”, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1119.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Adorhormizd (Dadishoʿ) — ܐܕܘܪܗܘܪܡܝܙܕ
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Editing by James E. Walters
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.