Aboursam - ܐܒܘܪܣܡ(d. 341) saint
In hagiography: Miles was a Bishop of Susa. He was born near Tehran and converted from Zoroastrianism. He went on a long pilgrimage and opposed the manner of leadership of Catholicos Papa. He was imprisoned with his son Narsai and beaten by the governor Hormizd. The priest Aboursam and the deacon Sinai died with him.
- Aboursam is commemorated in Miles, Aboursam and Sinay (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/270] . ()1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca http://syriaca.org/bibl/649, entry: 49.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole et al., “ Aboursam — ܐܒܘܪܣܡ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1544.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Aboursam — ܐܒܘܪܣܡ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent, David A. Michelson, and James E. Walters, entry contributors, “ Aboursam — ܐܒܘܪܣܡ ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Editing by James E. Walters
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne