Papa bar ʿAggai - ܦܦܐ ܒܪ ܥܓܝ (280 - 317 or between 327-335)
http://syriaca.org/person/669 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
In hagiography: In hagiography: Papa was a early patriarch of the Church of the East.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 L. Van Rompay, "Papa bar ʿAggai." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 320.
- 3 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 335.
- 4 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 29-30.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Papa bar ʿAggai — ܦܦܐ ܒܪ ܥܓܝ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/669.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Papa bar ʿAggai — ܦܦܐ ܒܪ ܥܓܝ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent, David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/669.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Papa bar ʿAggai — ܦܦܐ ܒܪ ܥܓܝ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent, David A. Michelson, and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent, David A. Michelson, Nathan P. Gibson, James E. Walters, Thomas A. Carlson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Papa bar ʿAggai — ܦܦܐ ܒܪ ܥܓܝ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Editing, document design, data architecture, encoding, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts, addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH, matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, data merging, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.