Abel - ܗܒܝܠ saint
Abel is a biblical figure commemorated in Cain and Abel (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/938] , a work surviving in at least 1 manuscript: ms Berlin, Königliche Bibliothek, syr. 57 (Sachau 174-176), f. 148a-150a. He is the son of Adam and Eve, killed by his brother Cain. 1
- Abel is commemorated in Cain and Abel (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/938] . ()1
- Abel is commemorated in Cain and Abel (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/1047] . ()1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca http://syriaca.org/bibl/649, entry: 735, 868.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole et al., “ Abel — ܗܒܝܠ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1540.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Abel — ܗܒܝܠ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “ Abel — ܗܒܝܠ ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne