Lazarus the Confessor - [ Syriac Not Available ] saint
In hagiography: Lazarus the Confessor was possibly a monk of Qartmin commemorated for martyrdom under a Persian general. His precise identity is contested. He may be the same as another Persian martyr of the same name, Lazarus.2
- Martyr 1
- Lazarus the Confessor is commemorated in Lazarus of Harran (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/1776] . ()2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques ( Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004) http://syriaca.org/bibl/650, entry: 274.1.
- 2 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca http://syriaca.org/bibl/649, entry: 1712.
This persons different-from 3 other persons.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole et al., “ Lazarus the Confessor.” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1340.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Lazarus the Confessor
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “ Lazarus the Confessor”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne