Abai of Hah - [ Syriac Not Available ] (sometime between 400 - 500) saint
- The saint is venerated on 11/18/2014. ()1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques ( Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004) http://syriaca.org/bibl/650, entry: 5.
- 4 Paul Peeters, " Le martyrologe de Rabban Ṣalība," Analecta Bollandiana vol. 27 ( 1908), : 168.
- 5 Andrew Palmer, Monk and Mason on the Tigris Frontier ( Cambridge, Massachusetts ; London, England: Cambridge University Press, 1990), : 78-79, 196.
- 6 Pontificia Università lateranense and Istituto Giovanni XXIII, Bibliotheca sanctorum ( Roma: Istituto Giovanni XXIII nella Pontificia Università lateranense, 1961-1970), : I, 12.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole et al., “ Abai of Hah.” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1095.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Abai of Hah
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “ Abai of Hah”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne