Syriaca.org is a digital project for the study of Syriac literature, culture, and history. All publications and software created by Syriaca.org are made available online in a free and open format using the Creative Commons licenses.
The Syriaca.org web app features:
- HTML Record view
- [Projects using the Syriaca.org code base](#Projects using the Syriaca.org code base)
- [Technical Requirements](#Technical Requirements)
- [Deploy Syriaca.org codebase] (#Deploy Syriaca.org codebase)
Projects using the Syriaca.org code base
- Linked Open Gazetteer of the Andean Region [LOGAR] http://logarandes.org/geo/about.html
- Syriac Corpus - In processes
- E-Gedsh - In process
- eXist-db 2.2 + http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/homepage/index.html
- Java 7 or 8 (eXist-db requires: Java 7 or 8)
- In the Terminal, type “brew cask install exist-db”
- Go to http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/homepage/index.html
- Click on “Stable Release”
- Download the .jar file under “Downloads”
- Click “next” on everything
- See eXist-db Quick start instructions: http://www.exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/quickstart.xml
Deploy Syriaca.org application
In your Github app cd into the srophe-app folder and just type “ant”. Build will be named according to the version number in the expath-pkg.xml file of the folder you’re in.
Build the srophe-app-data (https://github.com/srophe/srophe-app-data) package the same way.
Install packages in eXist
- Open eXist.
- Navigate to the eXist dashboard
- ex: http://localhost:8080/exist/apps/dashboard/index.html
- Click on Package Manager.
- Make sure the following libraries are installed before deploying the srophe-eXist-app (If not they can be installed vial the package manger, using the 'available libraries/repositories filter'):
- eXist-db Shared apps: [http://exist-db.org:8098/exist/apps/public-repo/packages/shared.html]
- JSON Parser and Serializer for XQuery .1.6 + : [https://github.com/joewiz/xqjson]
- Functx Library: [http://exist-db.org:8098/exist/apps/public-repo/packages/functx.html]
- Packages can be deployed via the eXistdb dashboard.
- Click the blue-gray button in top-left corner to upload your app.
- Upload the latest .xar package for both srophe-app-data and srophe-eXist-app repos. (In the “build” folder of each one.)
- Install data app
- Install srophe-eXist-app
- Go to http://localhost:8080/exist/apps/srophe/index.html in your web browser. This is the homepage for the srophe app on your local computer.