John bar Shushan - ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ (d. 1072 or 1073)
http://syriaca.org/person/193 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Following the death of Patr. Yuḥanon IX (1057), Yuḥanon was elected by the Oriental bps. and consecrated in Amid, while simultaneously a different candidate was elected and consecrated with broader support (Athanasios VI Ḥoye).” 1
- ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ4
- John bar Shushan
- ܝܘܚܰܢܢ ܒܰܪ ܫܘܫܰܢ4
- يوحنا ابن شوشان3
- John X Barshushan5
- John X, Isho bar Shushan
- Yūḥannā Yūšaʿ b. Šūšān1
- John Bar Shushan2
- Yuḥanon X, Ishoʿ bar Shushan1
- Syr. Orth. 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 L. Van Rompay, "Yuḥanon X, Ishoʿ bar Shushan." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 443-444.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 193, pp: 416.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 367.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 395.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: John X Barshushan.
- 6 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 291.
- 7 J.-B. Chabot, Littérature syriaque, Bibliothèque catholique des sciences religieuses; Littératures chrétiennes de l'Orient (: Librairie Bloud & Gay, 1934), pp: 120-121.
John bar Shushan Has literary connection to place (1) records.
John bar Shushan Born at (1) records.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “John bar Shushan — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/193.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “John bar Shushan — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/193.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John bar Shushan — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson