John bar Shushan - ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ (d. 1072 or 1073)
http://syriaca.org/person/193 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Following the death of Patr. Yuḥanon IX (1057), Yuḥanon was elected by the Oriental bps. and consecrated in Amid, while simultaneously a different candidate was elected and consecrated with broader support (Athanasios VI Ḥoye).” 1
- ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ4
- John bar Shushan
- ܝܘܚܰܢܢ ܒܰܪ ܫܘܫܰܢ4
- يوحنا ابن شوشان3
- John X Barshushan5
- John X, Isho bar Shushan
- Yūḥannā Yūšaʿ b. Šūšān1
- John Bar Shushan2
- Yuḥanon X, Ishoʿ bar Shushan1
- Syr. Orth. 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 L. Van Rompay, "Yuḥanon X, Ishoʿ bar Shushan." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 443-444.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 193, pp: 416.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 367.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 395.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: John X Barshushan.
- 6 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 291.
- 7 J.-B. Chabot, Littérature syriaque, Bibliothèque catholique des sciences religieuses; Littératures chrétiennes de l'Orient (: Librairie Bloud & Gay, 1934), pp: 120-121.
John bar Shushan Has literary connection to place (1)John bar Shushan Born at (1)John bar Shushan Has relation to place (1)
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “John bar Shushan — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/193.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “John bar Shushan — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/193.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John bar Shushan — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “John bar Shushan — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܘܫܢ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson