Isaac, bishop of Karka - ܐܝܣܚܩ
In hagiography: Isaac, bishop of Karka was a bishop of Karka d-Beth Slokh who was martyred under Shapor II along with Shapor, bishop of Niqator. Their names was later associated with a group of martyrs killed under Yazdgerd II including Maʿna, Abraham, and Simeon.
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 40.
- 2 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 386.
- 4 Paul Peeters and Société de Bollandistes, Bibliotheca hagiographica orientalis (1910)., : 1042.
- 5 Stefano Evodio Assemani, Acta Sanctorum Martyrum Orientalium et Occidentalium vol. 1 (Typis Josephi Collini, 1748)., : 226-29.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Isaac, bishop of Karka — ܐܝܣܚܩ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1791.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Isaac, bishop of Karka — ܐܝܣܚܩ .”, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1791.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Isaac, bishop of Karka — ܐܝܣܚܩ
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.