Abraham - ܐܒܪܗܡ(not after 438) saint
In hagiography: Abraham was part of a group of martyrs killed under Yazdgerd II and connected anachronistically to Shapor, bishop of Niqator and Isaac, bishop of Karka d-Beth Slokh. This group also included Simeon and Maʿna.
- Martyr 2
- Abraham is commemorated in Shabōr, Isaac, Ma‘na, Abraham and Simon (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/261] . ()2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca http://syriaca.org/bibl/649, entry: 40.
- 2 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques ( Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004) http://syriaca.org/bibl/650, entry: 20.
- 4 Paul Peeters and Société de Bollandistes, Bibliotheca hagiographica orientalis ( 1910), : 1042.
- 5 Stefano Evodio Assemani, Acta Sanctorum Martyrum Orientalium et Occidentalium vol. 1 ( Typis Josephi Collini, 1748), : 226-29.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole et al., “ Abraham — ܐܒܪܗܡ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1110.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Abraham — ܐܒܪܗܡ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “ Abraham — ܐܒܪܗܡ ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne