Daniel of the Monastery of the Dung Beetles - [ Syriac Not Available ] (between 300 - 400)
http://syriaca.org/person/1197 This page is an entry in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
In hagiography: Daniel of the Monastery of the Dung Beetles was a refugee from Amida and student of Mar Mattai (his story mirrors the one of Behnam). He established a monastery near that of his teacher, Mar Mattai, with whom he had fled from Amida. The monastery he established was called the monastery of the yellow source. There was a miracle of protective beetles connected to this monastery.
- Daniel of the Monastery of the Dung Beetles
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 114.
- 3 Paul Peeters, "Le martyrologe de Rabban Ṣalība." Analecta Bollandiana vol. 27 (1908)., : 135, 166.
- 4 Pontificia Università lateranense and Istituto Giovanni XXIII, Bibliotheca sanctorum (Roma: Istituto Giovanni XXIII nella Pontificia Università lateranense, 1961-1970)., : IV, 473.
- 5 Jean Maurice Fiey, Assyrie chrétienne contribution à l'étude de l'histoire et de la géographie ecclésiastiques et monastiques du nord d'Iraq. (Beyrouth, 1965)., : II, 615-20.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Daniel of the Monastery of the Dung Beetles” in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1197.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Daniel of the Monastery of the Dung Beetles.” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1197.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Daniel of the Monastery of the Dung Beetles
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.