The Syriac Gazetteer refers to religious communities using a nested controlled vocabulary. These terms are used according to scholarly convention and for scholars' convenience, without asserting that members of these groups would have called themselves by these labels. In this context, "religious communities" is not intended to imply a plurality of members in any one location, nor any harmonious existence among people identified with the same label. Nor are the existence of multiple labels intended to suggest that these categories are immutable or mutually exclusive. Caveat lector.
NB: Each list is alphabetized within its level, with the exception of Syriac.
- Archive of Deprecated Encoding Standards
- Composite URIs
- Dating Conventions
- Deprecated Records
- Editing Source Citations
- How to View Syriac Script
- Introductory Videos for New Users
- Literary Traditions
- Proposal Guidelines for Volumes within Syriaca.org Publications
- Syriaca.org Schema Customizations
- TEI Encoding Manual for The Syriac Gazetteer
- Transliteration and Vocalization Standards