Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), map: Map I B2.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), p: 544.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), p: 510.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), p: 570.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Tell Ada.
- 6 http://pleiades.stoa.org/places/658614
- 7 Theodoret of Cyrrhus, Histoire des moines de Syrie: Histoire Philothée, Sources Chrétiennes, vol. 257 (Paris: Cerf, 1977), p: I:292; II:164.
- 8 Theodoret of Cyrrhus, A History of the Monks of Syria, trans. Richard Price, Cistercian Studies Series, vol. 88 (Kalamazoo,Michigan: Cistercian Publications, 1985), p: 50, 161-162.
- share a name with 'Tell ʿAda' () (see list)
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Tell ʿAda — ܬܠܥܕܐ ” in last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/place/198.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Tell ʿAda — ܬܠܥܕܐ .” In , edited by ., edited by David A. Michelson et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/place/198.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Tell ʿAda — ܬܠܥܕܐ
- Initial Barsoum entry creation by David A. Michelson
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Additional names and sources submitted by Dina Boero
- Data submission review by Philip Forness
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by David A. Michelson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by William L. Potter
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by Daniel L. Schwartz