Elijah - ܐܠܝܐ (sometime between 750 - 850)
http://syriaca.org/person/945 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Author of a long letter, in twelve sections addressed to his friend Leon of Ḥarran, synkellos of the Chalcedonian bp. of Ḥarran, in which he gives reason why he left the Melkite Church for the Syr. Orth.” 1
- Syr. Orth. 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 S. P. Brock, "Eliya (late 8th/early 9th cent)." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 142.
- 2 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 269.
- 3 Ignatius Ortiz de Urbina, Patrologia Syriaca, Altera editio emendata et aucta (Romae: Pont. Institutum Orientalium Studiorum, 1965), section: 137.
- 4 Sebastian Paul Brock, A Brief Outline of Syriac Literature, 2nd ed., rev. and enlarged , Mōrān ʾEthʾō, vol. 9 (Kottayam: St. Ephrem Ecumenical Research Institute, 2008), pp: 51.
Elijah Different from (3)
Elijah the Monk — - ܐܠܝܐ (author, mid-6th cent. ) Names: EliyaElijah The MonkÉlie"Author of the Life of Yuḥanon of Tella ."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/63
al-Rahib Elias - ܐܠܝܐܣ ܕܝܪܝܐ (author, 1860 - 1949) Names: al-Rāhib Elias"He was born in Shaqlāwa of the Sher family."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/700See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
David A. Michelson et al., “Elijah — ܐܠܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/945.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:David A. Michelson et al., “Elijah — ܐܠܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/945.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Elijah — ܐܠܝܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Elijah — ܐܠܝܐ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.