Abraham of Amid - ܐܒܪܗܡ ܐܡܝܕܝܐ (d. 598) author
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. ( Piscataway, NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003) http://syriaca.org/bibl/4, entry: 72, pp: 311.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. ( Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987) http://syriaca.org/bibl/2, pp: 270.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. ( Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991) http://syriaca.org/bibl/3, pp: 297.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Walters, James E. et al., “ Abraham of Amid — ܐܒܪܗܡ ܐܡܝܕܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/77.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Abraham of Amid — ܐܒܪܗܡ ܐܡܝܕܝܐ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “ Abraham of Amid — ܐܒܪܗܡ ܐܡܝܕܝܐ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
This entry incorporates copyrighted material from the following work(s):
- Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. ( Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991) http://syriaca.org/bibl/3, pp: 297..