Paul the Philosopher - ܦܘܠܘܣ ܦܝܠܘܣܘܦܐ (sometime between 525 - 575)
http://syriaca.org/person/675 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 L. Van Rompay, "Pawlos the Philosopher." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 325.
- 2 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 121.
Paul the Philosopher Possibly identical (2) records.
Paul of Nisibis -
Names: Paul of NisibisPawlos of NisibisPaul of NisibisPaul of NisibisPAUL, métropolite de NisibePaulus Nisibenus"Theologian, biblical commentator, and bp. of Nisibis, for which position he was selected in 544 by Cath. Mar Aba, his former teacher."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/673 ܦܘܠܘܣ
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Paul the Philosopher — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܦܝܠܘܣܘܦܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/675.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Paul the Philosopher — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܦܝܠܘܣܘܦܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/675.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Paul the Philosopher — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܦܝܠܘܣܘܦܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.