Elijah the Monk - ܐܠܝܐ (sometime between 525 - 575)
http://syriaca.org/person/63 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 1 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 5 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 338.
- 6 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 180.
- 7 Sebastian Paul Brock, A Brief Outline of Syriac Literature, 2nd ed., rev. and enlarged , Mōrān ʾEthʾō, vol. 9 (Kottayam: St. Ephrem Ecumenical Research Institute, 2008), pp: 36.
Elijah the Monk Different from (3)Elijah the Monk Has relation to place (1)
al-Rahib Elias - ܐܠܝܐܣ ܕܝܪܝܐ (author, 1860 - 1949) Names: al-Rāhib Elias"He was born in Shaqlāwa of the Sher family."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/700
Elijah I - ܐܠܝܐ ܩܕܡܝܐ (author, d. 729) Names: Eliya IElijah IElijah I, PatriarchURI: http://syriaca.org/person/119See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Elijah the Monk — ܐܠܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/63.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Elijah the Monk — ܐܠܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/63.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Elijah the Monk — ܐܠܝܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Elijah the Monk — ܐܠܝܐ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson