Thomas of Germanicea - ܬܐܘܡܐ ܕܓܪܡܐܢܝܩܝ (d. 542)
- ܬܐܘܡܐ ܐܦܝܣܩܘܦܐ ܕܓܪܡܐܢܝܩܝ3
- ܬܐܘܡܐ ܕܓܪܡܐܢܝܩܝ
- ܬܳܐܘܡܳܐ ܐܶܦܝܣܩܘܦܳܐ ܕܓܰܪܡܰܐܢܝܩܝ3
- توما اسقف جرمانيقي2
- Thomas of Germanicea
- Thomas of Germanicea
- Thomas, bishop of Germanicia1
- Tumo of Germanicea
- bishop of Germanicia 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 4 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 53, pp: 293.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 254.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 280.
- 4 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 446.
- 5 Ernst Honigmann, Évêques et évêchés monophysites d'Asie antérieure au VIe siècle, Corpus Scriptorum Christianorum Orientalium, vol. 127 Subsidia 2 (Louvain: L. Durbecq, 1951), : 73-74, with references.
- 6 Enciclopedia dei santi: le chiese orientali [= Bibliotheca sanctorum orientalium] (Roma: Città nuova, 1998)., : II, 1306.
Thomas of Germanicea Has literary connection to place (2) records.Thomas of Germanicea Died at (1) records.Thomas of Germanicea Has relation to place (1) records.
Mardin (settlement) - ܡܪܕܝܢ Names: MardeMardīn"City in upper Mesopotamia and important center of Syriac Christianity especially for the Syr Orth Church as the city closest to Dayr al..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/130
Mor Eusebios of Kaprā d-Bartā (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܐܘܣܝܒ Names: Ousib MonasteryURI: http://syriaca.org/place/340
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Thomas of Germanicea — ܬܐܘܡܐ ܕܓܪܡܐܢܝܩܝ ” in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/57.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Thomas of Germanicea — ܬܐܘܡܐ ܕܓܪܡܐܢܝܩܝ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent, David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 1 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/57.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Thomas of Germanicea — ܬܐܘܡܐ ܕܓܪܡܐܢܝܩܝ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Editing, document design, data architecture, encoding, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts, addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH, matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, data merging, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Philemon Kirlles
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne