Harris, James Rendel - ܪܢܕܠ ܗܐܪܝܣ (1852 - 1941) author
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 N. Koltun-Fromm, " Harris, James Rendel," in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage ( Piscataway, NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011) http://syriaca.org/bibl/260, pp: 192-193, 192-193.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. ( Piscataway, NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003) http://syriaca.org/bibl/4, pp: 51.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. ( Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987) http://syriaca.org/bibl/2, pp: 50.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. ( Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991) http://syriaca.org/bibl/3, pp: 64.
566 Catalog Search Results from WorldCat
Based on VIAF ID. May contain inaccuracies. Not curated by Syriaca.org.
- The Apology of Aristides on behalf of the Christians : from a Syriac ms. preserved on Mount Sinai
- Codex Bezae; a study of the so-called western text of the New Testament
- The story of Aḥiḳar from the Aramaic, Syriac, Arabic, Armenian, Ethiopic, Old Turkish, Greek and Slavonic versions
- The four Gospels in Syriac
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Walters, James E. et al., “ Harris, James Rendel — ܪܢܕܠ ܗܐܪܝܣ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/527.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Harris, James Rendel — ܪܢܕܠ ܗܐܪܝܣ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “ Harris, James Rendel — ܪܢܕܠ ܗܐܪܝܣ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
This entry incorporates copyrighted material from the following work(s):
- Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. ( Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991) http://syriaca.org/bibl/3, pp: 64..
- Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. ( Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987) http://syriaca.org/bibl/2, pp: 50..