George II, Ignatius - ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ (1648 - 1708)
http://syriaca.org/person/505 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Patr. (1687-1708) whose patriarchate was contested by five anti-patriarchs during various parts of his life.” 1
- ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ
- George II, Ignatius
- ܦܛܪܝܪܟܐ ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ ܒܪ ܥܒܕ ܐܠܟܪܝܡ ܡܘܨܠܝܐ4
- ܦܰܛܪܝܰܪܟܳܐ ܓܶܘܰܪܓܝܣ ܬܪܰܝܳܢܐ ܒܰܪ ܥܰܒܕ ܐܠܟܪܝܡ ܡܘܨܠܳܝܐ4
- البطريرك جرجس الثاني ابن عبدالكريم الموصلي3
- George II, Ignatius1
- Giwargis II, Ignatius1
- Patriarch George II, son of ‛Abd al-Karīm of Mosul2
- Syr. Orth. 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 G. A. Kiraz, "Giwargis II, Ignatius." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 178, 178.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 549.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 495.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 531.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “George II, Ignatius — ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/505.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “George II, Ignatius — ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/505.
About this Entry
Entry Title: George II, Ignatius — ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “George II, Ignatius — ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson