Cureton, William - ܟܘܪܬܘܢ (1808 - 1864)
http://syriaca.org/person/429 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 S. P. Brock, "Cureton, William." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 109, 109.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 41.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 521.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 57.
207 Catalog Search Results from WorldCat
Based on VIAF ID. May contain inaccuracies. Not curated by Syriaca.org.
- Ancient Syriac documents : relative to the earliest establishment of Christianity in Edessa and the neighbouring countries
- Corpus Ignatianum : a complete collection of the Ignatian epistles, genuine, interpolated, and spurious ; together with numerous extracts from them, as quoted by ecclesiastical writers down to the tenth century ; in Syriac, Greek, and Latin: an English translation of the Syriac text, copious notes, and introduction
- Spicilegium syriacum ; containing remains of Bardesan, Meliton, Ambrose and Mara Bar Serapion
- Vindiciae Ignatianae : or, The genuine writings of St. Ignatius, as exhibited in the antient Syriac version, vindicated from the charge of heresy
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Cureton, William — ܟܘܪܬܘܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/429.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Cureton, William — ܟܘܪܬܘܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/429.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Cureton, William — ܟܘܪܬܘܢ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “Cureton, William — ܟܘܪܬܘܢ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson