- [ Syriac Not Available ] (sometime between 500 - 600)
http://syriaca.org/person/34 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 E. G. Mathews, Jr, "Isḥaq of Edessa." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 213.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 32, pp: 247.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 213.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 239.
- 5 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 146-147.
- 6 Sebastian Paul Brock, A Brief Outline of Syriac Literature, 2nd ed., rev. and enlarged , Mōrān ʾEthʾō, vol. 9 (Kottayam: St. Ephrem Ecumenical Research Institute, 2008), pp: 34-35.
Isaac of Edessa Different from (2) records.
Isaac of Amid -
(author, 4th - early 5th cent. )
Names: Isaac of Amid
Isḥaq of Amid
Isaac of Amid
Isaac of AntiochIsḥàq von Antiocheia"Priest and writer."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/17 ܐܝܣܚܩ
Isaac of Antioch — -
(author, 5th cent. )
Names: Isḥaq of Antioch
Isaac of Edessa, known as Isaac of AntiochIsaac of Antioch
IsaacIsaac d’AntiocheIsaac of EdessaIsaac of Antioch"Priest and writer According to a letter from Yaʿqub of Edessa to Yuḥanon of Litarba Letter 14 ms Brit Libr Add 12 172..."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/33 ܐܝܣܚܩ
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Isaac of Edessa — ܐܝܣܚܩ ܐܘܪܗܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/34.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Isaac of Edessa — ܐܝܣܚܩ ܐܘܪܗܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/34.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Isaac of Edessa — ܐܝܣܚܩ ܐܘܪܗܝܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson