Romanus - ܪܘܡܢܐ(sometime between 500 - 525) saint
- Romanus is commemorated in Theodosius of Jerusalem (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/557] . ()
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 E. W. Brooks (ed.), Text, The Sixth Book of the Select Letters of Severus Patriarch of Antioch in the Syriac Version of Athanasius of Nisibis vol. 1.2 ( Oxford: Williams and Norgate, 1904) http://syriaca.org/bibl/667, pp: 356.
- 2 E. W. Brooks (ed.), Translation, The Sixth Book of the Select Letters of Severus Patriarch of Antioch in the Syriac Version of Athanasius of Nisibis vol. 2.2 ( Oxford: Williams and Norgate, 1904) http://syriaca.org/bibl/669, pp: 315.
- 3 Cornelia B Horn and Robert R Phenix (eds.), The Lives of Peter the Iberian, Theodosius of Jerusalem, and the Monk Romanus, Writings from the Greco-Roman world, vol. 24 ( Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature, 2008), pp: liv, 295-301.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Schwartz, Daniel L., “ Romanus — ܪܘܡܢܐ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/2743.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Romanus — ܪܘܡܢܐ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson, editor, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Schwartz, Daniel L., entry contributor, “ Romanus — ܪܘܡܢܐ ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Daniel L. Schwartz
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Katayoun Torabi
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Syriac data conversion and reconciling by Nathan P. Gibson
- Hagiographic information by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent