George of Beth Sbirino - ܓܘܪܓܝܘܣ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ (d. 1495)
http://syriaca.org/person/272 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 4 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 265, pp: 503.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 451.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 482.
George of Beth Sbirino Died at (1) records.George of Beth Sbirino Has relation to place (3) records.
Dayr al-Zaʿfarān (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܙܥܦܪܐܢ Names: Dayro d-Mor ḤnonyoDayr Mār ḤanānyāZaʿfaran Monasterymonastery Deir ZafaranZaʿfarān (West Syrian)Dayr al-ZafarānDayr al-Za‘farānZafaran MonasteryZa‘faran MonasteryZafarān (West Syrian)Za‘farān (West Syrian)"A Syr Orth monastery dedicated to Mar Ḥnonyo Arab Ḥanānyā located outside Mardin and the seat of the patriarchate from 1293 until after..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/69
Mor Gabriel (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܪܛܡܝܢ Names: Monastery of QarṭminQarṭmin Monasterymonastery of Gabriel of QartminQarṭmīn (West Syrian)"The Monastery of Qarṭmin began long before its official foundation date of 397."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/226
Jerusalem (settlement) - ܐܘܪܫܠܡ"As the birthplace of Christianity and the main destination of pilgrimage, Jerusalem played an important role for Christians of all Syr. traditions."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/104
St. Mark (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܡܪܩܘܣ ܐܘܢܓܠܝܣܛܐ ܘܕܡܪܬܝ ܡܪܝܡ Names: Monastery of St. MarkMark the Evangelist Monastery and the Virgin MonasteryMonastery of the Syriansmonastery of St MarkSaint Mark's (West Syrian)"Said to be located on the site of the Last Supper and named after the Evangelist, the monastery is situated on Mount Zion in Jerusalem."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/388See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “George of Beth Sbirino — ܓܘܪܓܝܘܣ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/272.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “George of Beth Sbirino — ܓܘܪܓܝܘܣ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/272.
About this Entry
Entry Title: George of Beth Sbirino — ܓܘܪܓܝܘܣ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama