Yeshuʿ of Beth Sbirino - ܝܫܘܥ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ (d. 1492)
http://syriaca.org/person/270 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 2 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 4 Rudolf Macuch, Geschichte der spät- und neusyrischen Literatur, 1. Aufl (Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 1965), pp: 20-21.
- 5 Sebastian Paul Brock, A Brief Outline of Syriac Literature, 2nd ed., rev. and enlarged , Mōrān ʾEthʾō, vol. 9 (Kottayam: St. Ephrem Ecumenical Research Institute, 2008), pp: 70.
Yeshuʿ of Beth Sbirino Has relation to place (2)
Mor Gabriel (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܪܛܡܝܢ Names: Monastery of QarṭminQarṭmin Monasterymonastery of Gabriel of QartminQarṭmīn (West Syrian)"The Monastery of Qarṭmin began long before its official foundation date of 397."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/226
Ṭur ʿAbdin (region) - ܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ Names: Tur ʿAbdinTur AbdinṬūr ʿAbdīnṬur AbdinṬur ‘AbdinTur AbdinTur ‘AbdinṬūr AbdīnṬūr ‘Abdīn"Properly speaking Ṭur ʿAbdin Mountain of the servants does not include the whole province of Mardin in Turkey but only the limestone plateau..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/221
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Yeshuʿ of Beth Sbirino — ܝܫܘܥ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/270.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Yeshuʿ of Beth Sbirino — ܝܫܘܥ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/270.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Yeshuʿ of Beth Sbirino — ܝܫܘܥ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Yeshuʿ of Beth Sbirino — ܝܫܘܥ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama