Barsoum Maʿdanoyo, maphrian of the East - ܒܪܨܘܡ ܡܥܕܢܝܐ (1455)
http://syriaca.org/person/264 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 2 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 259, pp: 499.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 447.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 478.
- 4 Rudolf Macuch, Geschichte der spät- und neusyrischen Literatur, 1. Aufl (Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 1965), pp: 19.
Barsoum Maʿdanoyo, maphrian of the East Has relation to place (2)
Dayro d-Mor Yaʿqub (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܝܥܩܘܒ ܚܒܝܫܝܐ Names: Jacob the Solitary MonasteryDayro d-Mor YaqubDayro d-Mor Ya‘qubA monastery near Ṣalaḥ in Ṭur ʿAbdin, seat of the Syrian Orthodox patriarchate of Ṭur ʿAbdin from 1365.URI: http://syriaca.org/place/72
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Barsoum Maʿdanoyo, maphrian of the East — ܒܪܨܘܡ ܡܥܕܢܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/264.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Barsoum Maʿdanoyo, maphrian of the East — ܒܪܨܘܡ ܡܥܕܢܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/264.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Barsoum Maʿdanoyo, maphrian of the East — ܒܪܨܘܡ ܡܥܕܢܝܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Barsoum Maʿdanoyo, maphrian of the East — ܒܪܨܘܡ ܡܥܕܢܝܐ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama