Ignatius Qumo of Beth Sbirino, patriarch - ܩܘܡܐ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ (d. 1454)
http://syriaca.org/person/262 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 257, pp: 497.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 445.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 476.
- 4 Rudolf Macuch, Geschichte der spät- und neusyrischen Literatur, 1. Aufl (Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 1965), pp: 19.
Ignatius Qumo of Beth Sbirino, patriarch Born at (1)Ignatius Qumo of Beth Sbirino, patriarch Has relation to place (2)
Mor Gabriel (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܪܛܡܝܢ Names: Monastery of QarṭminQarṭmin Monasterymonastery of Gabriel of QartminQarṭmīn (West Syrian)"The Monastery of Qarṭmin began long before its official foundation date of 397."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/226
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Ignatius Qumo of Beth Sbirino, patriarch — ܩܘܡܐ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/262.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Ignatius Qumo of Beth Sbirino, patriarch — ܩܘܡܐ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/262.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Ignatius Qumo of Beth Sbirino, patriarch — ܩܘܡܐ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Ignatius Qumo of Beth Sbirino, patriarch — ܩܘܡܐ ܣܒܝܪܝܢܝܐ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama