Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun - ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ (1275 - 1335)
http://syriaca.org/person/250 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Author. He was born in 1275 in Ḥaḥ (Ṭur ʿAbdin) as the son of the teacher and priest Ṣlibo, son of the priest Isḥoq bar Khayrun.” 1
- ܕܝܪܝܐ ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ4
- ܕܰܝܪܳܝܳܐ ܝܶܫܘܥ ܒܰܪ ܟܰܝܪܘܢ4
- ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ
- الراهب يشوع ابن خيرون3
- Ishoʿ bar Khayrun
- Yeshu bar Khayrun
- Yeshu‘ bar Khayrun
- The Monk Yeshu‛ Bar Khayrun2
- Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun1
- Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun
- the Monk 2
- Syr. Orth. 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 5 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 H. Kaufhold, "Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 438.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 245, pp: 489.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 438.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 470.
- 5 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 327?.
- 6 Rudolf Macuch, Geschichte der spät- und neusyrischen Literatur, 1. Aufl (Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 1965), pp: 12.
Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun Has literary connection to place (1) records.Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun Born at (1) records.Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun Has relation to place (3) records.
Monastery of the Virgin (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܒܬܘܠܬܐA monastery near the village of Sidus .URI: http://syriaca.org/place/1485See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/250.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/250.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson