- [ Syriac Not Available ] (d. 1300)
http://syriaca.org/person/243 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Bp. and author.” 1
- ܕܝܘܣܩܘܪܘܣ ܕܓܙܪܬܐ
- ܡܝܛܪܘܦܘܠܝܛܐ ܓܒܪܐܝܠ ܒܪܛܠܝܐ4
- ܡܝܛܪܘܦܘܠܝܛܐ ܓܰܒܪܳܐܝܠ ܒܰܪܛܶܠܝܐ4
- المطران جبرائيل البرطلي3
- Dioscorus Gabriel of Bartella
- Dioscore de Gazarta5
- Diosqoros of Gozarto1
- Metropolitan Gabriel of Bartelle
- Metropolitan Gabriel of Barṭelli2
- Metropolitan 2
- Syr. Orth. 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 4 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 S. P. Brock, "Diosqoros of Gozarto." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 129.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 238, pp: 485.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 434.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 466.
- 5 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 1431.
- 6 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 320.
- 7 Sebastian Paul Brock, A Brief Outline of Syriac Literature, 2nd ed., rev. and enlarged , Mōrān ʾEthʾō, vol. 9 (Kottayam: St. Ephrem Ecumenical Research Institute, 2008), pp: 70.
Metropolitan Gabriel of Bartelle Born at (1) records.Metropolitan Gabriel of Bartelle Has relation to place (3) records.
Mor Matay (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܡܬܝ Names: Matthew Monasterymonastery of Mar MattayMār Mattai"Located on the Alfof Mountain known in Arabic as Jabal Maqlūb 35 km northeast of Mosul the monastery is mostly known by its..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/227
Barṭelle (settlement) - ܒܪܛܠܗ Names: BarṭilleBarṭallāhBeṯ Bar Ṭelaï"A small town located some 20 km to the southeast of Mosul on the road that links this ciy with Arbela and on..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/260See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Metropolitan Gabriel of Bartelle — ܕܝܘܣܩܘܪܘܣ ܕܓܙܪܬܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/243.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Metropolitan Gabriel of Bartelle — ܕܝܘܣܩܘܪܘܣ ܕܓܙܪܬܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/243.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Metropolitan Gabriel of Bartelle — ܕܝܘܣܩܘܪܘܣ ܕܓܙܪܬܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson