John bar Andrawos - ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܐܢܕܪܐܘܣ (d. 1156)
http://syriaca.org/person/206 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 8 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 203, pp: 426.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 377.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 407.
- 4 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 294.
John bar Andrawos Has literary connection to place (4)John bar Andrawos Born at (1) John bar Andrawos Has relation to place (3)
Acre (settlement) - [Syriac Not Available] Names: AkkoAn ancient port on the coast of Phoenice, and the last Crusader foothold in the Levant.URI: http://syriaca.org/place/14
Mor Barṣawmo (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܒܪܨܘܡܐ Names: Barṣoum Monasterymonastery of Mar Barsauma"The monastery situated in the mountains to the southeast of Melitene and named after the 5th cent ascetic Barṣawmo rose to prominence as..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/224See all 4
Mabbug (settlement) - ܡܒܘܓ Names: HierapolisManbijMembijMabugMambegA city between Aleppo and the Euphrates river .URI: http://syriaca.org/place/122
Ṭur ʿAbdin (region) - ܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ Names: Tur ʿAbdinTur AbdinṬūr ʿAbdīnṬur AbdinṬur ‘AbdinTur AbdinTur ‘AbdinṬūr AbdīnṬūr ‘Abdīn"Properly speaking Ṭur ʿAbdin Mountain of the servants does not include the whole province of Mardin in Turkey but only the limestone plateau..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/221See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “John bar Andrawos — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܐܢܕܪܐܘܣ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/206.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “John bar Andrawos — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܐܢܕܪܐܘܣ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/206.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John bar Andrawos — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܐܢܕܪܐܘܣ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “John bar Andrawos — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܐܢܕܪܐܘܣ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama