- [ Syriac Not Available ] (d. 1129)
http://syriaca.org/person/201 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
GEDSH refers to this person as Athanasios (VII) Abulfaraj bar Kamoro (pg. 22, 60, 283).
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 487.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 198, pp: 423.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 374.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 403.
http://syriaca.org/person/201 Born at (2) records.http://syriaca.org/person/201 Has relation to place (3) records.
Mor Barṣawmo (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܒܪܨܘܡܐ Names: Barṣoum Monasterymonastery of Mar Barsauma"The monastery situated in the mountains to the southeast of Melitene and named after the 5th cent ascetic Barṣawmo rose to prominence as..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/224See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Athanasius VII — ܐܬܐܢܐܣܝܘܣ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/201.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Athanasius VII — ܐܬܐܢܐܣܝܘܣ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/201.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Athanasius VII — ܐܬܐܢܐܣܝܘܣ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama