John of Tur ʿAbdin - ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ (d. 1035)
http://syriaca.org/person/191 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 191, pp: 415.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 366.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 394.
Born at (2)Has relation to place (3)
Mor Gabriel (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܪܛܡܝܢ Names: Monastery of QarṭminQarṭmin Monasterymonastery of Gabriel of QartminQarṭmīn (West Syrian)"The Monastery of Qarṭmin began long before its official foundation date of 397."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/226
Ṭur ʿAbdin (region) - ܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ Names: Tur ʿAbdinTur AbdinṬūr ʿAbdīnṬur AbdinṬur ‘AbdinTur AbdinTur ‘AbdinṬūr AbdīnṬūr ‘Abdīn"Properly speaking Ṭur ʿAbdin Mountain of the servants does not include the whole province of Mardin in Turkey but only the limestone plateau..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/221See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “John of Tur ʿAbdin — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/191.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “John of Tur ʿAbdin — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/191.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John of Tur ʿAbdin — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “John of Tur ʿAbdin — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama