Malke - ܡܠܟܐ (between 350 - 410)
http://syriaca.org/person/1350 This page is an entry in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
Mar Malke was a monk whose story overlaps with Mar Awgin. He was the son of Awgin's sister, Rebecca. He was from Clysma. He gave to the poor and joined his uncle on Mt Izla. He built a monastery near Ankah near Midyat. He performed miracles and journeyed to Jerusalem.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 142.
- 2 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 282.
- 3 Paul Bedjan (ed.), Acta martyrum et sanctorum (Parisiis; Lipsiae: Harrasssowitz, 1890)., : V, 421-69.
- 4 Paul Peeters and Société de Bollandistes, Bibliotheca hagiographica orientalis (1910)., : 587.
- 5 Addai Scher, Kitāb ašhar šuhadā' al-mašriq (Vies des saints martyrs d'Orient (Mossoul, 1900)., : II, 209-19.
- 6 Jean Maurice Fiey, Nisibe, métropole syriaque orientale et ses suffragants des origines à nos jours (Louvain: Secrétariat du CorpusSCO, 1977)., : 141-44.
- 7 Sebastian P Brock, "Notes on Some Monasteries on Mount Izla." Abr-Nahrain vol. 19 (1980)., : 16 and notes.
- 8 Jan J. van Ginkel, "“Whence Comes Your Holiness, Father?” On the Life of Malkha and John of Asia." in G. J. Reinink and Alexander Cornelis Klugkist (eds.), After Bardaisan: studies on continuity and change in Syriac Christianity in honour of Professor Han J.W. Drijvers (Leuven: Uitgeverij Peeters en dép.oosterse Studies, 1999).
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Malke — ܡܠܟܐ ” in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1350.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Malke — ܡܠܟܐ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1350.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Malke — ܡܠܟܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “Malke — ܡܠܟܐ ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.