Cyriacus, metropolitan of of Tur ʿAbdin - ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ ܕܣܝܓܣܬܐܢ (770)
http://syriaca.org/person/135 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 134, pp: 365.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 318.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 347.
http://syriaca.org/person/135 Has literary connection to place (2) records.http://syriaca.org/person/135 Different from (2) records.http://syriaca.org/person/135 Has relation to place (3) records.
Reshʿayna (settlement) - ܪܝܫ ܥܝܢܐ Names: TheodosiopolisRaʾs al-ʿAynCeylanpınarResülaynRish ʿAynaReshaynaResh‘aynaRaʾs al-AynRaʾs al-‘AynRish AynaRish ‘AynaResh AynaResh ‘AynaRaʾs al-AynRaʾs al-’AynRaʾs al-AynRaʾs al-AynRaʾs al-‘AynRaʾs al-‘Ayn"City on the Khabur located in the eastern part of ancient Osrhoene and today straddling the Turkish Syrian border the Syrian part now..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/172
Cyriacus patriarch of Antioch -
(saintauthor, d. 817, 793 )
Names: Cyriacus patriarch of Antioch
QuryaqosQuryaqos patriarch of Antioch
Qyriaqos of AntiochQyriaqos of TagritKyriakosCyriaque de TagritCyriacusCYRIAQUEKyriakos of Tagrit"Patr of Antioch ordained on 17 Aug 793 in Ḥarran died in June or August 817 in Mosul the sources are not unanimous..."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/145 ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ
Ṭur ʿAbdin (region) - ܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ Names: Tur ʿAbdinTur AbdinṬūr ʿAbdīnṬur AbdinṬur ‘AbdinTur AbdinTur ‘AbdinṬūr AbdīnṬūr ‘Abdīn"Properly speaking Ṭur ʿAbdin Mountain of the servants does not include the whole province of Mardin in Turkey but only the limestone plateau..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/221See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Cyriacus, metropolitan of of Tur ʿAbdin — ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ ܕܣܝܓܣܬܐܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/135.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Cyriacus, metropolitan of of Tur ʿAbdin — ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ ܕܣܝܓܣܬܐܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/135.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Cyriacus, metropolitan of of Tur ʿAbdin — ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ ܕܣܝܓܣܬܐܢ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama