Elijah I - ܐܠܝܐ ܩܕܡܝܐ (d. 729)
http://syriaca.org/person/119 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 5 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 5 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 269.
- 6 J.S. Assemani, De Scriptoribus Syris Monophysitis, Bibliotheca orientalis Clementino-Vaticana vol. 2 (Rome: Typis Sacræ Congregationis de Propaganda Fide, 1719), pp: 95-97.
- 8 William Wright, A Short History of Syriac Literature (London: Adam and Charles Black, 1894), pp: 161-2.
Elijah I Has literary connection to place (2)Elijah I Different from (3)Elijah I Has relation to place (3)
Ḥarran (settlement) - ܚܪܢ Names: CarrhaeḤārānḤarrānHarran"Syr./Hebrew Ḥārān; Latin Carrhae; Arabic Ḥarran. Ancient city in Mesopotamia, approximately 45 km south-southeast of Edessa."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/216
Elijah the Monk — - ܐܠܝܐ (author, mid-6th cent. ) Names: EliyaElijah The MonkÉlie"Author of the Life of Yuḥanon of Tella ."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/63
al-Rahib Elias - ܐܠܝܐܣ ܕܝܪܝܐ (author, 1860 - 1949) Names: al-Rāhib Elias"He was born in Shaqlāwa of the Sher family."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/700See all 3
Gubba Barraya (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܓܘܒܐ ܒܪܝܐ Names: Gubba Baraya MonasteryURI: http://syriaca.org/place/349
Apamea (settlement) - ܐܘܦܡܝܐ Names: Qalʿat al-MadīqQalat al-MadīqQal‘at al-Madīq"One of the earliest Hellenistic city foundations in Syria Apamea situated on the Orontes ca 90 km south of Antioch from the 2nd..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/11See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Elijah I — ܐܠܝܐ ܩܕܡܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/119.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Elijah I — ܐܠܝܐ ܩܕܡܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/119.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Elijah I — ܐܠܝܐ ܩܕܡܝܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Elijah I — ܐܠܝܐ ܩܕܡܝܐ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama