Simeon of Qenneshre - ܫܡܥܘܢ ܕܩܢܫܪܝܢ (sometime between 600 - 700)
http://syriaca.org/person/112 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 2 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 4 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 247.
- 5 Ignatius Ortiz de Urbina, Patrologia Syriaca, Altera editio emendata et aucta (Romae: Pont. Institutum Orientalium Studiorum, 1965), section: 128.
Simeon of Qenneshre Born at (1)Simeon of Qenneshre Has relation to place (1)
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Simeon of Qenneshre — ܫܡܥܘܢ ܕܩܢܫܪܝܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/112.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Simeon of Qenneshre — ܫܡܥܘܢ ܕܩܢܫܪܝܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/112.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Simeon of Qenneshre — ܫܡܥܘܢ ܕܩܢܫܪܝܢ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Simeon of Qenneshre — ܫܡܥܘܢ ܕܩܢܫܪܝܢ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama