Abshelama - [ Syriac Not Available ] saint
According to The Teaching of Addai [http://syriaca.org/work/921] , Abshelama (or Barshelama) was an early bishop of Edessa and a copyist for the apostle Addai.
- The saint is venerated on 19 Oct.. ()1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques ( Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004) http://syriaca.org/bibl/650, entry: 26.
- 3 Paul Peeters, " Le martyrologe de Rabban Ṣalība," Analecta Bollandiana vol. 27 ( 1908), : 165.
- 4 Pontificia Università lateranense and Istituto Giovanni XXIII, Bibliotheca sanctorum ( Roma: Istituto Giovanni XXIII nella Pontificia Università lateranense, 1961-1970), : I, 130.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole et al., “ Abshelama.” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1114.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Abshelama
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “ Abshelama”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne