John bar Kipho - ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܟܐܦܐ (d. 688)
http://syriaca.org/person/111 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 107, pp: 334.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 291.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 316.
Has relation to place (4)
Mor Matay (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܡܬܝ Names: Matthew Monasterymonastery of Mar MattayMār Mattai"Located on the Alfof Mountain known in Arabic as Jabal Maqlūb 35 km northeast of Mosul the monastery is mostly known by its..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/227
Tagrit (settlement) - ܬܓܪܝܬ Names: TikritTakritTagrīt"Tagrit is a modern city located on the west bank of the Tigris, almost mid-way between Mosul and Baghdad."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/193
Reshʿayna (settlement) - ܪܝܫ ܥܝܢܐ Names: TheodosiopolisRaʾs al-ʿAynCeylanpınarResülaynRish ʿAynaReshaynaResh‘aynaRaʾs al-AynRaʾs al-‘AynRish AynaRish ‘AynaResh AynaResh ‘AynaRaʾs al-AynRaʾs al-’AynRaʾs al-AynRaʾs al-AynRaʾs al-‘AynRaʾs al-‘Ayn"City on the Khabur located in the eastern part of ancient Osrhoene and today straddling the Turkish Syrian border the Syrian part now..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/172See all 4
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “John bar Kipho — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܟܐܦܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/111.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “John bar Kipho — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܟܐܦܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/111.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John bar Kipho — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܟܐܦܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “John bar Kipho — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܟܐܦܐ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Philemon Kirlles
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama