Aba of Nineveh - ܐܒܐ(between 585 - 590) saint
- The saint is venerated on 17 December, East Syrians. ()1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques ( Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004) http://syriaca.org/bibl/650, entry: 3.
- 3 Jean Maurice Fiey, " Autour de la biographie de Rabban Bar 'Eta," L'Orient Syrien vol. 11 ( 1966), : 10-14.
- 4 Enciclopedia dei santi: le chiese orientali [= Bibliotheca sanctorum orientalium] ( Roma: Città nuova, 1998), : I, 4-5.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole et al., “ Aba of Nineveh — ܐܒܐ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1094.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Aba of Nineveh — ܐܒܐ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “ Aba of Nineveh — ܐܒܐ ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne