Aitalaha of Nineveh - ܐܝܬܐܠܗܐ ܢܝܢܘܝܐ (628)
http://syriaca.org/person/1057 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 368.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 328.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 286.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 312.
Possibly identical (2)Different from (3)Has relation to place (4)
Aitalaha - ܐܝܬܐܠܗܐ (saintauthor, first half of 4th cent. ) Names: AitalahaAithallahIthʾalāhāʾAytaylāhāAytaylahaAitallahaBischof Ait(h)allàhā"Bp. of Edessa (324/5-345/6)."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/326See all 3
Mor Matay (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܡܬܝ Names: Matthew Monasterymonastery of Mar MattayMār Mattai"Located on the Alfof Mountain known in Arabic as Jabal Maqlūb 35 km northeast of Mosul the monastery is mostly known by its..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/227
Marga (diocese) - ܡܪܓܐ Names: MarjMargā (East Syrian diocese)Tellā and BarbellīURI: http://syriaca.org/place/457See all 4
How to Cite This Entry
David A. Michelson et al., “Aitalaha of Nineveh — ܐܝܬܐܠܗܐ ܢܝܢܘܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1057.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:David A. Michelson et al., “Aitalaha of Nineveh — ܐܝܬܐܠܗܐ ܢܝܢܘܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1057.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Aitalaha of Nineveh — ܐܝܬܐܠܗܐ ܢܝܢܘܝܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “Aitalaha of Nineveh — ܐܝܬܐܠܗܐ ܢܝܢܘܝܐ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- Editing, Syriac name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Arabic name entry by Philemon Kirlles
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter