Moses and Holy Innocents (text) - ܡܘܫܐ ܘܩܛܠܐ ܕܝܠܘ̈ܕܐ
Incipit (Opening Line)
“ܒܪܐ ܕܝܗܒ ܩܠܐ ܠܡܣܒܪ̈ܢܐ ܕܐܟܪܙܘ ܩܘܕܡܘܗܝ.” 1
“Fils qui as donné de la voix aux messagers qui ont proclamé devant toi.” 1
Syriac Manuscript Witnesses
ms Vatican, Syr. 117, f. 76-80 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 1437.
Moses and Holy Innocents (text) commemorates (1) records.
Holy Innocents - ܝܠܘ̈ܕܐ ܕܐܬܩܛܠܘ ܡܢ ܐܝܪܘܕܝܣ ܒܒܝܬ ܠܚܡ(saint, beginning of the Christian era ) Names: The Children who were killed by Herod in BethlehemInnocentsIn hagiography Holy Innocents is the name given to the biblical children who were killed in the New Testament account of the massacre of...URI: http://syriaca.org/person/1786
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Moses and Holy Innocents (text) — ܡܘܫܐ ܘܩܛܠܐ ܕܝܠܘ̈ܕܐ ” in Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca Electronica last modified November 5, 2015, http://syriaca.org/work/1530.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Moses and Holy Innocents (text) — ܡܘܫܐ ܘܩܛܠܐ ܕܝܠܘ̈ܕܐ .” In Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca Electronica, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published November 5, 2015. http://syriaca.org/work/1530.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Moses and Holy Innocents (text) — ܡܘܫܐ ܘܩܛܠܐ ܕܝܠܘ̈ܕܐ
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- This document includes data from Ugo Zanetti, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca (unpublished database). Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- This document includes data from Ugo Zanetti, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca (unpublished database). Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne