Apollonios, Philemon, Arrian and his Companions (text) - ܐܦܠܘܢ ܘܦܠܝܡܘܢ ܘܐܪܝܢܘܣ
Incipit (Opening Line)
“ܘܗܘܐ ܒܝܘ̈ܡܝ ܐܪܝܢܘܣ ܗܓܡܘܢܐ. ܐܦܠܘܢܝܣ ܩܪܘܝܐ ܕܥܕܬܐ. ܠܣܗܕܘܬܐ ܛܒܬܐ ܕܒܡܫܝܚܐ ܐܬܕܒܪ.” 1
“Et il advint aux jours du gouverneur Arrien, qu’Apollonios, lecteur de l’Église, fut conduit au bon martyre dans le Christ.” 1
Syriac Manuscript Witnesses
ms Londres, British Library, Add. 17204, f. 2v-7v (mutilé au milieu et de la fin) 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 1366.
Apollonios, Philemon, Arrian and his Companions (text) commemorates (3) records.
Philemon - ܦܝܠܡܘܢ(saint, d. 312) Names: PilemonPilīmōnPhilémonSt Philemon Philemon was converted to Christianity by the example of the martyrdom of Apollonios This took place in Egypt in the time of the...URI: http://syriaca.org/person/1997
Arrian - ܐܪܝܢܘܣ(saint, d. 312) Names: ArīyenōsʾĀrīyenōsArrien Arrian was a judge or governor in Egypt in the time of the emperor Diocletian He was converted to Christianity on account of...URI: http://syriaca.org/person/1613
Apollonios - ܐܦܠܘܢܝܘܣ(saint, d. 312) Names: ApōlōnīyōsApolloniosʾApōlōnīyōs´ApolloniosAppolloniusApōlōnīyōsAppolloniusʾApōlōnīyōs´Apollonios Apollonios was a deacon in Egypt who was martyred in the time of the emperor Diocletian His example converted Philemon and the judge..."Apōlōnīyōs is a saint commemorated in Philemon Cyrill and Appollonius text a work surviving in at least 1 manuscript ms Vatican Syr 160..."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/1603See all 3
- BHS: 1366
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Apollonios, Philemon, Arrian and his Companions (text) — ܐܦܠܘܢ ܘܦܠܝܡܘܢ ܘܐܪܝܢܘܣ ” in Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca Electronica last modified November 5, 2015, http://syriaca.org/work/1482.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Apollonios, Philemon, Arrian and his Companions (text) — ܐܦܠܘܢ ܘܦܠܝܡܘܢ ܘܐܪܝܢܘܣ .” In Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca Electronica, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published November 5, 2015. http://syriaca.org/work/1482.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Apollonios, Philemon, Arrian and his Companions (text) — ܐܦܠܘܢ ܘܦܠܝܡܘܢ ܘܐܪܝܢܘܣ
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- This document includes data from Ugo Zanetti, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca (unpublished database). Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- This document includes data from Ugo Zanetti, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca (unpublished database). Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne