Ḥadyab - [ Syriac Not Available ]
A diocese of the Church of the East, centered around Arbela.
Dolabani transcribed the name from Arabic rather than presenting a native Syriac form.
Status: published Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), p: 2, 5, 7, 10–11, 31, 72, 144, 157, 175, 183, 194, 199, 202, 217, 218, 243, 294, 309, 311, 324, 414, 417, 430, 437, 440, map: Map I C1, II C1.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), p: 162.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), p: 142.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), p: 164.
- 5 David Wilmshurst, The ecclesiastical organisation of the Church of the East, 1318-1913, Corpus Scriptorum Christianorum Orientalium, vol. 582; Subsidia, tomus 104 (Leuven: Peeters, 2000), p: 152, 166, 174, 175, 190-1, 192, 342.
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Ḥadyab” in , last modified July 30, 2014, http://syriaca.org/place/6.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Ḥadyab.” In , edited by ., edited by David A. Michelson et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2014. Entry published July 30, 2014. http://syriaca.org/place/6.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Ḥadyab
- Initial Barsoum entry creation by David A. Michelson
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Wilmshurst index information entry by Anthony Davis
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by David A. Michelson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by William L. Potter
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by Daniel L. Schwartz