Mor Bosus - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܒܣܘܣ
A ruined monastery attested near Ḥimṣ
Barsoum's description erroneously merges the information for this location with that of the other Mor Bosus.
In Dolabani's translation of Barsoum's description “ܘܐܶܬܢܰܦܰܩܘ” should read “ܘܶܐܬܢܰܦܰܩܘ” .
In Moosa's English translation of Barsoum's description "fifth" should read "following."
Not the same place as Mor Bosus.
Status: published Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), p: 543.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), p: 509.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), p: 562.
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson, “Mor Bosus — ܐܘܦܘܡܝܐ ” in , last modified March 13, 2014, http://syriaca.org/place/571.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson, “Mor Bosus — ܐܘܦܘܡܝܐ .” In , edited by ., edited by David A. Michelson et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2014. Entry published March 13, 2014. http://syriaca.org/place/571.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Mor Bosus — ܐܘܦܘܡܝܐ
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by David A. Michelson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by William L. Potter
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by Daniel L. Schwartz