Marga - ܡܪܓܐ
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), p: 56, 414, 417.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), p: 561.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), p: 519.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), p: 556.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Marga.
- 6 David Wilmshurst, The ecclesiastical organisation of the Church of the East, 1318-1913, Corpus Scriptorum Christianorum Orientalium, vol. 582; Subsidia, tomus 104 (Leuven: Peeters, 2000), p: 62, 125, 128, 144, 156, 166, 191, 203, 218, 345, 347.
- share a name with 'Marga' () (see list)
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Marga — ܡܪܓܐ ” in last modified January 14, 2014, http://syriaca.org/place/457.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Marga — ܡܪܓܐ .” In , edited by ., edited by David A. Michelson et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published January 14, 2014. http://syriaca.org/place/457.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Marga — ܡܪܓܐ
- Initial Barsoum entry creation by David A. Michelson
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac description entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic description entry by Dayroyo Roger-Youssef Akhrass
- Wilmshurst index information entry by Anthony Davis
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by David A. Michelson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by William L. Potter
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by Daniel L. Schwartz