Beth ʿAbe - [ Syriac Not Available ]
“This famous monastery was founded in 595/6 by Yaʿqub, a monk of the 'Great Monastery' of Abraham of Kashkar (on the mountain of Izla), who originated from Lashom in Beth Garmai.” 1
- “96. Beth ʿAbe, Monastery of” 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 S. P. Brock, "Beth ʿAbe, Monastery of." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), p: 70.
- 2 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), p: 70, 94, 144, 175, 202, 218, 356, 417, 441.
- 3 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: monastery of Bet Abhe.
- 4 David Wilmshurst, The ecclesiastical organisation of the Church of the East, 1318-1913, Corpus Scriptorum Christianorum Orientalium, vol. 582; Subsidia, tomus 104 (Leuven: Peeters, 2000), p: 125, 144, 155, 156, 170, 203, 353, 354, 359.
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson, “Beth ʿAbe” in last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/place/223.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson, “Beth ʿAbe.” In , edited by ., edited by David A. Michelson et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/place/223.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Beth ʿAbe
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Wilmshurst index information entry by Anthony Davis
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by David A. Michelson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by William L. Potter
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by Daniel L. Schwartz
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.