Qara - [ Syriac Not Available ]
“Town in the Qalamun mountains, Syria, ca. 95 km. northeast of Damascus and less than 20 km. north of Nabk (see Dayr Mār Mūsā al-Ḥabashī), often mentioned as a caravan station between Ḥimṣ and Damascus.” 1
- Lat. 34.16826385° Long. 36.75343335°4
“439. Qara” 1
Status: published Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 L. Van Rompay, "Qara." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), p: 342-343.
- 2 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), p: 40, 286, 342–343 (with fig. 101, 102), 425, map: Map II A2, V.
- 3 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Qara.
- 4 http://pleiades.stoa.org/places/668221
- 5 Yāqūt al-Ḥamawī, Muʿjam al-buldān (Beirut: Dār al-kutub al-ʿilmiyya, 1990), p: IV:334.
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson, “Qara” in , last modified June 30, 2014, http://syriaca.org/place/161.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson, “Qara.” In , edited by ., edited by David A. Michelson et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2014. Entry published June 30, 2014. http://syriaca.org/place/161.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Qara
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by David A. Michelson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by William L. Potter
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by Daniel L. Schwartz
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2014.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.