Arabia - ܐܬܪ̈ܘܬܐ ܕܥܪ̈ܒܝܐ
A Roman province including the Sinai peninsula and Roman territory east of the Jordan River.
Status: published Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), map: Map I A2.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), p: 26.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), p: 15.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), p: 4.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Arabia.
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Arabia — ܐܬܪ̈ܘܬܐ ܕܥܪ̈ܒܝܐ ” in , last modified January 14, 2014, http://syriaca.org/place/12.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Arabia — ܐܬܪ̈ܘܬܐ ܕܥܪ̈ܒܝܐ .” In , edited by ., edited by David A. Michelson et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2014. Entry published January 14, 2014. http://syriaca.org/place/12.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Arabia — ܐܬܪ̈ܘܬܐ ܕܥܪ̈ܒܝܐ
- Initial Barsoum entry creation by David A. Michelson
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by David A. Michelson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by William L. Potter
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by Daniel L. Schwartz