John of Busra - ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܒܘܨܪ
- ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܒܘܨܪ
- ܝܘܚܢܢ ܡܝܛܪܘܦܘܠܝܛܐ ܕܒܘܨܪ3
- ܝܘܚܰܢܢ ܡܝܛܪܘܦܘܠܝܛܳܐ ܕܒܘܨܰܪ3
- يوحنا مطران بصرى2
- John of Bosra
- John of Busra
- John, metropolitan of Buṣra1
- Yuḥanon of Buṣra
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 89, pp: 323.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 281.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 307.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “John of Busra — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܒܘܨܪ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/94.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “John of Busra — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܒܘܨܪ .”, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/94.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John of Busra — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܕܒܘܨܪ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama